About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, a soldier, a wife. It's as simple as that.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

We Went Out Last Night

So, I decided to do something crazy and got a babysitter at the last minute and my husband and I went out to Howl at the Moon in Baltimore. It's a dueling piano karaoke bar and was a ton of fun. At first it kind of sucked because I was wearing high heels and there wasn't enough seating but then we got a couple of chairs over looking the stage and it was much better after that. The piano players were great, the drinks were awesome and it was overall a crazy night. I felt a little like Cinderella as we had to pick up the kids at 11:30 but what are you gonna do when you call the babysitter an hour before you want her to watch them? I would definitely recommend this place to anyone no matter the age. The other low was that you had to pay to have any song played, you had to pay to sing and you had to pay to have your friend roasted. I understand the last part but the 40 dollar price tag to sing was a bit much. The excuse was that they wanted to make it worth their while if you sucked but isn't that what karaoke is about? Every half hour or so the waitstaff got on stage and did a little dance routine, not exactly Coyote Ugly but a small act typical to any karaoke bar I've ever been in. Over all, the next morning I feel good about going out despite the fact that my husband and I are both nursing small hangovers.

Find one near you!
http://www.howlatthemoon.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a bunch of fun!...and nice statement about Coyote Ugly :)