About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, a soldier, a wife. It's as simple as that.

Friday, April 24, 2009

From The Horse Boy : A Father’s Miraculous Journey To Heal His Son

From The Horse Boy : A Father’s  Miraculous Journey To Heal His Son
Express Review : From The Horse Boy

By Rupert Isaacson

My son was diagnosed with autism in the spring of 2004, when he was two. It was like being hit across the face with a baseball bat. Grief and shame engulfed me: weird, irrational shame, as if I had somehow cursed this child by giving him faulty genes, condemned him to a lifetime of living as an alien because of me. And then came the pain of watching, horrified, as he began to drift away to another place, separated from me as if by thick glass....

Read more here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do we seem to have a severe increase in autism or was it just underreported? It was either John Wayne or Ronald Regan that said that the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man - or a child. The steppe Mongols are the descendants of Ghengis Khan's cavalrymen - I wonder what he would make of this?

Mike said...

I tried to look at your blog yesterday and it was screwed up, it seems ok now. I think that autism is more of an issue now. I don't recall too many people that I knew when I was younger having autistic children, now I know quite a few.