About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, a soldier, a wife. It's as simple as that.

Monday, April 6, 2009

ACMs- Brad Paisley & Trace Adkins

So I'm wonderfully excited because Brad Paisley won Male Vocalist of the Year! YAY. As for Trace Adkins, he performed a song that was just beautiful. It's called Til the Last Shot's Fired. It's basically a plea for peace because the soldiers who are fighting, bleeding and dying can't come home until the war is over. It was a heartfelt song and the best part is if you buy it on Itunes, your money will go to the Wounded Warrior Foundation to help soldiers who've been hurt overseas. If you don't like country, check out this song anyways, you might be surprised.

Also congrats to Trace on winning Single of the Year with 'You're Gonna Miss This'. I thought his reaction was truthful and sweet. He has to be one of the most humble men in the business. Here's Trace's acceptance speech:

"I have to tell you the truth. This song was recorded by a father whose oldest daughter had just gotten married. It was very personal to me, and I didn't think other people would relate to it the way I did," he said. "So it was put on a greatest hits album as a bonus track -- never gonna be a single, and Mike Dungan [President, Capitol Records Nashville] called one day and told me it was gonna be a single. And I said, 'Go ahead, but ain't nobody gonna play it.' I'm glad I'm an idiot!"

1 comment:

k said...

I LOVE Trace. Yum!!