About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, a soldier, a wife. It's as simple as that.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Catching Up

So I forgot to tell you where we went for my birthday. My husband took me to Morton's in Annapolis. It's a steak house and it was awesome. Though I have quickly learned that these kind of places are expensive. We spent 300 dollars on our meal. We ordered a Reisling wine called Bex which was very good, not too sweet or dry, it perfectly complemented all that we ordered. We ordered an appetizer of bacon wrapped scallops. The scallops were not only large, like the size of a golf ball, they were heaven. This was followed by a beefsteak tomato salad for myself and a lobster bisque soup for my husband. The salad was good and the Morton's blue cheese was phenomenal. The soup was a bit dissapointing because after the few chunks of lobster were gone it tasted like a bowl of butter and cream. Then we both ordered the double filet mignon which was a 16 oz. filet that was about 2-3 inches thick after cooking. This thing was amazing, it melted in your mouth and was perfectly seasoned. No need for steak sauce or salt/pepper. Also, instead of just showing you the menu, they bring out a tray of their cuts and best dishes, giving you a visual presentation before you get your menu. The lobster is alive, and according to our waiter, the lobster could live up to a week out of water. This freaked me out a little bit and though I love lobster, I made sure not to order any that night. Don't call PETA, they put him back every night, but it was a little freaky.

www.mortons.com

1 comment:

Mike said...

Sometimes, when you step back and look at the big picture, going out to eat can be a little silly. There are little country places that you can go and get full on great home cooking for about 10 bucks, or you can spend 300 bucks to get full at a fancy place. The end result is the same, except for the fading memory of the taste, both meals eventually end up in the toilet! LMAO!