About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, a soldier, a wife. It's as simple as that.

Friday, May 1, 2009

Maybe I'm just dumb...

Ok maybe I'm stupid and yes before you all get started on me. I know people have died.... Anyways, swine flu. Big deal? Yes. Pandemic? No. This isn't the black plague, it's not Ebola, it's not even close to AIDs. This is a nasty flu. I can't help thinking that people are overreacting just a tad. Anyways, that's all. I don't want to get into a big debate over this just was sick of listening to the Swine Flu Pandemic updates every 2 minutes...

5 comments:

Optimistic Pessimist said...

I completely agree. I started to buy into the media hype a littl until it was brought to my attention that hundreds of thousands of people die from the regular flue every year. Shouldn't the regular flue be considered a pandemic then?

Mike said...

They are making a big deal because some people died in Mexico! The fucking water will kill you there, do they expect advanced medicine!

Matt said...

I also agree. Check out the how the medical and pharmaceutical companies are advertising now. Quite appealing to the situation.

PostcardNerd said...

I'm in New York City but the only people paying attention are Japanese tourists and the media. I agree with you but if I get it I may stop lol

PS: Nice name fellow Bloggette :)

Denise R. said...

Girlll!!! I couldn't agree MORE!!!